Tuesday, July 28, 2009

How to Mail a Package

So, I'm a terrible sister.. you see, today is July 28th and my sister's birthday was June 16th--well over a month ago--and I still haven't mailed her a gift.

I've bought the gift, over a week before her birthday so that I could mail it to her and she would have it.. but that's where I stopped.

I kept forgetting to go by the post office and get a flat-rate box, so there sat her gift at the end of my dresser for about a month and a half. Last week at work, we got some USPS postal boxes so I saw my opportunity to make things right.

How to mail a package:

First, you have to start with a box, in this case, a flat rate box.

Tape up the bottom so all the stuff doesn't come out the bottom.. duh! I know you're jealous of my corner in my office, ha!

Next, you fill it with the goods! You didn't actually think I would let you see what I was putting in it did you? C'mon, she reads this thing too! *make sure you've dusted off the gift first since it was sitting for so long.

Then, write a sweet little letter to tell her that you love her and make sure you apologize for your tardiness.

Next, fill with CONFETTI! (in this case punched out holes from the copier) because, even though it can be annoying and messy, it is/was her birthday and this is a little party in itself!

Then tape it all up, nice and neat so the USPS doesn't come get you, or so they can't get in...


Now, get out your colored sharpies and decorate! Make it happy because it's a birthday box!

And finally, go to the post office and mail it!

Christy, I promise your box is in the mail TODAY! love you!

5 comments:

  1. An all time new low. Postal procedures are NOT news.
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my world, they are monumental! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, even Aggies know how to mail a package. Did you go to the right college?

    Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - I'm sure Mike will especially appreciate the hole-punch confetti.

    I'll let you know that we got it. We don't get home until Friday so our mail is on hold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think this was a delightful post...it has inspired me to go mail something! :)
    -lauren

    ReplyDelete