Monday, January 11, 2010

Wish me Luck!

I've been battling a spat of bronchitis for the last week and it's getting old. Waking up at 3:30am from a coughing fit and moving to couch to at least let my husband get a full nights' rest isn't really my idea of fun. Thankfully I'm on antibiotics, but unfortunately I'm not feeling them yet.

I am however feeling the abdominal workout I've been getting lately.

In other news, I've been really busy at work. About a week ago we got a phone call from a development group who had just purchased a building here in Abilene. If you're familiar with Abilene, it's the Chase bank building. After talking with the man for about 5 minutes, I had been told to come up with a proposal on renovating the lobby to present to the owners on Tuesday the 12th.

Unfortunately, the man didn't have any idea what they wanted to do to the lobby.. just that they wanted to change it.

So with no direction, Angela (a girl from my office) and I have been putting our heads together to get something going and with no days to spare, we're right on track.

We present tomorrow at 11:00 and as far as I know, there is only one other firm interviewing.


This is a rendering I did today of our proposal for the lobby. This is a small portion of the lobby, but we think it has come together nicely.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! Hope it goes well!
    (PS - I still can't leave a comment using Firefox. I have to open it in Safari...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go?! It looks great when will you find out?

    ReplyDelete