Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 2

well, well, well...

I will say this, I never thought I would make it this far, and yet, I did! So here we are.

Yesterday after work, I indulged myself and did a little shopping. Shocked? I will say however, that I have become very skilled at the art of getting in and getting out of the mall in about 30 minutes--AND I went to 4 stores! What could be better, you ask? Managing to do all that and not spend a dime! Brandon was proud!

I did however have the responsibility of stopping by the grocery store on the way home from my adventure to pick up a few items and be home around the same time as Brandon so we could make and eat pancakes! I also managed to slip a quick car wash in there too! Ever since I got my car, I've been obsessed with keeping it clean. This is a really good thing if you ever saw the inside (or outside) of my last car. So, with a clean car, a handful of grocery bags, and a smile only shopping can slap on my face, I made it home and we had dinner.

I've become pretty good at "domesticating" myself, as my dad calls it. I've gotten into the routine of doing the dishes basically everyday, and then again at night, cleaning up Brandon's dirty clothes as he leaves them, instead of them piling up, and making the bed--well, that's been slacking this week.. but still, I'm proud! I've even been taking Bridger on walks! Come to think of it... Brandon and I haven't eaten out once this week, even for lunch! Once the craziness of the constant flood of gifts slowed down, I was really able to catch up. The only thing now? Thank you notes.. my goodness, you have no idea.. I find myself staring down at the list on the coffee table and trying to come up with an excuse NOT to do them. Here's Brandon's agreement: "I'll think of what to say, it you write them." He said he's embarrassed to send any one anything with his handwriting on it because he said they wouldn't have a clue what he wrote.

My goal for next week: thank you notes. Who knows if it will get accomplished though, I know I have at least one paper for next week, graduation announcements to send out, and my portfolio to work on for my final review the following week, so we'll see! Only 3 more weeks of school for me forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment