Monday, April 20, 2009

Making life more fun.. one weekend at a time

Last week, Brandon and I were both so busy that we wanted to have a date night on Friday. That date night started with a trip to the local James Avery to replace the wedding ring that Brandon already lost. That's right folks, we were married a whopping one month and 2 days before he lost it! ha! I knew it would happen at some point or another because he is just like a little boy (he was digging in the dirt at work) that I took the smart path and bought him a ring that he liked from James Avery instead of one that costs about $300 from a jewelry store. I laughed when we were going because I told him that we could just go to get him a new ring and then he could buy me something too! He just rolled his eyes and laughed at me!

After buying him a new ring (a half size smaller so it is too hard to get off) we went to the mall to do a little shopping. Once again, I managed to spend a good amount of time in the mall, yet still didn't end up spending any money! When I finally stretched Brandon to his limit of time to spend in the mall, we left in search of somewhere to eat for dinner. We decided on pizza, but not just any pizza... Mr. Gatti's! We may have had upset stomachs for the rest of the weekend, but those games totally made it worth it!

When we were eating we kept seeing all these little kids running around with 4 foot long inflatable bats that squeaked when you squeezed the end. I thought, oooo... this could be a fun toy to get and mess with Bridger! :) This wasn't the first time Brandon and I had gone to Mr. Gatti's on a date, but we usually just play a few games and then give our measly 10 tickets to some little kid because we were too cheap to spend more then about $1.50 per person and to old to care. All that changed when I saw those inflatable bats. The bats were 60 tickets each! What a rip-off! So I took it as a personal mission to get enough tickets for at least one bat with our $3 in tokens.

We started off just playing a few random games until we stumbled upon probably one of the most overlooked games in the entire arcade. You know those games where you drop the token in the top and the it lands on this deck that is moving in and out while you are hoping the that the one you dropped will push some off the top layer to the bottom where all the tokens are in hopes that you'll knock off some more from the lower level and get the tickets for all the coins? The ones that you see and look around hoping no one is looking so you can bump into it and get some tokens to fall off the edge (they have sensors). Well, I've only known one person in my life that loves this game and is actually really good at it, and no, it's not Brandon.

It started with one token, then another, then another, and I was addicted. I even made Brandon go out to the car and get more cash so I could keep playing! I had 110 tickets, I couldn't stop there--only 10 more and we could both have a bat. He came back with more money and by the time I was done, we had something ridiculous like 260 tickets! Brandon was laughing at me the whole time because I was so "into" it. One time I even squealed with excitement and gave myself a fist pump for knocking a whole group off the edge.

What did our winnings get us, you're asking? Well, two bats (they only had purple left because seriously, every kid had one), a whoppie cushion, a pack of three mustaches, and a laffy taffy! Poor little bridger had no idea what she was in for when we got home.

We krept around the corner with our bats and started poking the kennel with them. Then we let her out to go potty and up the stairs she went to the batting cages.... hehehe!

We chased her around the apartment bonking her with our bats and she didn't know what to do. *no dogs were hurt in the taking of these pictures*

It was so funny that we had to document it all so I hope you all enjoy the pictures!


Here Bridger is using her manners and waiting until she can come out of her kennel.

Brandon and I are about to "attack"
hahaha
she found protection under the coffee table
now she's fighting back!

After our "war" I wanted us to take a family picture with the mustaches on...
Bridger didn't really like hers, but the only thing she would do is try to lick it off, which would then adhere it even more to her face.
I knew this was a good idea!

Now it's make-up time..
Ok, so for some reason, Bridger finds the "m" above the couch intruiging and will at times stare at it for no reason.. I caught her this time, SO funny!
Then she had to go get her toy duck because she was excited


Saturday was the Young Life Rummage Sale (a fundraiser for Young Life kids to work off the cost of camp). Brandon and I went up there for a little bit to see what was going on, but we didn't want to leave Bridger, so we brought her with us. Check out her eye! haha! At the rummage sale, someone had donated a jet ski for them to sell. Brandon told them a ridiculously low price that he would give them if they hadn't sold it by the end of the day. Well, with 45 minutes left at the sale, the jet ski sold! This was unfortunate for us, good for young life, and good for us.. we definitely didn't need it!

What Brandon did need though was this shirt that he bought and wore proudly for the rest of the day.

I wont lie, I thought it was pretty funny.. who makes shirts like this anyways?

Later on in the afternoon, Brandon and Kirk went fishing. After spending hours on the lake, they caught only one fish in which Brandon said was a "MONSTER!" I told him that was great and then went back to laying on the couch and watching Candice Olsen. About an hour later, Brandon called me to come meet them at the boat ramp so I could see the "monster" and take a picture for him.

Here she is, all full of eggs and weighing in about 6 pounds, "the biggest bass [Kirk] has ever seen.."




















That just about sums up our weekend, I hope yours was a good one too!

1 comment:

  1. Those ducks are great! Camo would "kill" all his stuffed toys pretty quickly, but the duck was tough. Took him 6 months to gut it, which was 6 times longer than all the others.

    ReplyDelete