Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"one pair of shoes can change your life" -Cinderella

Ok, so they didn't change my life, but I just love them!

After all of the graduation festivities this weekend, my mom and I went shopping all day Mother's day! IT was a blast! I had some graduation money just burning a hole in my pocket that I made sure to tell Brandon I was going to use every bit on it for clothes! :)

I bought a good amount of clothes including skirts, tops, pants, etc. It was just so fun trying on all this stuff I could never justify trying on before (I never wanted to try them on so that I wouldn't completely fall in love with them when I was willing to spend the money on myself). It took a bit of coaxing in the beginning, but I made myself spend the money and it was so much fun!

When I got home, I tried on every combination possible of all the new clothes I came home with for Brandon. He wasn't as thrilled about the outfits as I was, I had to pry his eyes off the TV every time I came into the living room with a new outfit. Bridger, however was so intrigued with the process that she followed me back and forth between the bedroom and the living room just staring at me and watching my every move--why? I still don't know. After I had put them all on about 3 or 4 times, I decided it was time to hang them all up in the closet with the biggest smile on my face. Brandon came in and saw that I was beaming with happiness from my new purchases. He laughed at how the simplest things could make me so happy.

So I wore a brand new outfit to work yesterday and it was delightful! Everyone commented on how cute my outfit was and for a person who loves shopping as much as I do, it was so much fun! The only thing left that I needed was shoes (don't worry girls, I saved a third of my earnings for more shopping on another day). I got home from work and to my surprise, Brandon wanted to go shopping!! We stopped off at Wendy's for a hearty dinner and an obnoxious story from a stranger about how AMAZING the new Star Trek movie is--no offense to any Star Trek fans out there, but that's just not my cup of tea.. My sister talked on her blog about things that make her nauseous and Star Trek could be added to my list, I don't know why, but it makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyways, Brandon and I went to Academy to find him some casual shirts he could wear to work on the days when he was in the office. After that, we went to the mall--my third time in 4 days. I found 2 pairs of shoes!! Both of them were on sale so I couldn't resist. Brandon couldn't believe that I wanted both.. I mean, one was a pair of open-toed black heels and the other was open-toed brown--both of which I needed. Brandon had already told me that with the little bit of Dillards gift cards we had left from the wedding I could buy a pair of shoes. well, since both were on sale, I had to get both. I proceeded to check out while Brandon was still in shock that I needed both. After she rang them both up and used the gift card, my total was $22! I turned around and said, "$22! you tried to tell me it wasn't worth it! rigghhhht!" So Brandon made fun of how giddy and smily I was for the rest of the evening with my two pairs of brand new shoes--and I still have money left to spend!

Look how cute they are!! I know what you're thinking, the brown ones are different, but you HAVE to see them on!

This shopping thing with money that I know I can spend on whatever I want could be addiciting. It's like a drug, just with positive effects. I mean, I'm sure that everyone in my office appreciates that I have new clothes, I'm sure they were so sick of all the outfits I had worn out! :) Now, if I can only get off the Dr. Pepper...

5 comments:

  1. So which outfit did you wear?
    And I love the shoes - but they make my feet hurt just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This site is funny, speaking of Star Trek:
    http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/05/trek-through-stars.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I figured it out. For some reason it won't let me post in Firefox - only Safari. I'll have to check your blog in Safari from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you could figure that out! and mom, I tried to find the product pictures and make a little outfit in photoshop, but I couldn't find the skirts. Monday I wore the orange shirt and navy skirt, and some brown wedges I had. Tuesday it was the other skirt with the circles, a tank I have from target that has ruffles on the front, and cream cardigan and the brown heels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew the orange blouse was a must have! Glad to know Bridger approves and tell Brandon to be grateful you are such a cheep date. I keep telling your dad the same thing and someday he may believe me;-)

    ReplyDelete