Monday, May 18, 2009

My Best Friends' Wedding

This past weekend I got to celebrate the wedding of my two best friends, Kevan and Katie. The wedding was just beautiful and so sweet. The joy and excitement in both of their eyes as their faces were just glowing all weekend was priceless! I love both of them and I could not be more happy to have been there and more honored to be such an important part or the whole process. I took some pictures of all the festivities (except the wedding) so that I could burn them to a CD for Katie, so here are some of the highlights.

Eating lunch at McAlister's with one of the other bridesmaids.

All the Bridesmaids getting our toes done on Friday

The end result
Yes, Katie and I had the same dress from Target, you should probably buy one too because it's cheap and cute.

All the Bridesmaids with Katie at the rehearsal.

Standing up on the stage we didn't get to use because it was raining on the wedding day.

Kevan has a Husky named Lobo and he always joked about what his role was going to be in the wedding. Well, this isn't Lobo, but looks just like him. This dog appeared out of the woods and came to hang out for a bit. He was very nice and had a collar, but no tag.

Kevan and Katie at the Rehearsal Dinner

Katie never wanted a lingerie shower or anything like that, and as her Matron (hehe, I'm Married) of Honor, I couldn't let her get married without anything. After the rehearsal dinner, we blindfolded her and took her out to my car that was decorated with streamers, filled with gifts, and even a tiara for her.

Here we all are getting her into the car. She had no idea about any of it! It was so fun to have all her closest friends together for about an hour just hanging out and having fun!

She loved it! It was just her type of lingerie shower: simple, fun, and classy! (and yes, she's wearing pink glow bracelets and a necklace, we all were)

I wanted all the Bridesmaids to get her something special because all of my bridesmaids made pages of a scrapbook for me and put them together. I knew I didn't want to do the same thing because Katie was one of my bridesmaids, so I remembered that she didn't even have a digital camera. How sad would it be to go on your honeymoon and not have anything to show from it except your tan that will fade? Well, we all went in together and bought her this camera that is totally her! It the the newer vesion of the camera I have that is shockproof and waterproof! She was so excited, I think more because it was blue!

The bridesmaids (minus me) and the Bride!

Saturday we had a sweet luncheon!

I knew it was a good idea when I made this!

After getting our hair done!

This was a page in the magazine at the Salon and I thought it most definitely needed to be documented. In case you were wondering, there is a panty you can buy to fill out your butt "all without exercise, diet or surgery!"

Finally in her dress!

And this is where I stopped taking pictures until the end of the reception. I was a little busy, and I figured the photogapher could handle it from here.

The bride and groom are so happy!

After they left, we took an ACU Alum picture throwing up the "WC" for wildcats!

All in all, it was such a fun weekend! I'm so thankful for the wonderful friendship we have and the years to come! I'm so happy for them to start their amazing jouney as husband and wife and I can't wait to see what God has in store for all of us!

1 comment:

  1. She looks beautiful! I love the bridesmaid dresses and the cool suits the groomsmen (and Kevan) wore.

    Seems like it was a great weekend (minus the rain, what a bummer).

    Nice job documenting everything, I'm sure she appreciates it.

    ReplyDelete