Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sick

I always forget that our sweet, cuddly dog is also a cold blooded hunter and loves to track down and kill other animals. Lately we've been putting her in our yard for a little bit when we first let her out of the kennel do take care of her business in her own time and to run around a little bit. She could entertain herself for hours out there, every time I let her in the yard, this is what she does.


When you add in the crying, barking, and jumping, it becomes a pretty interesting sight. I know what you're thinking, what is she after?

Well folks, it is probably one of my least favorite things in the world (Bart, I'm still blaming you and your lizard earrings), that and a visit to the dentist. It's these massive tree lizards. They are EVERYWHERE! I have screamed numerous times when one has been around me. Also, if you will recall a previous post, we have horny toads as well, making it absolutely outrageous for me to even attempt to leave the semi-safety of the paved sidewalk--even though I have run into them on the sidewalk before, at least I can see them a little better.

Here's a picture I took of one up in the tree. See if you can see it, try looking for its tail first, that might make it easier. Now you know why I am so afraid of them, you cannot see them unless you are a) looking for them, or b) they are moving.


Here is a closer up picture from another tree. They are so SO gross, and I can't believe that they live so close to me.


Yesterday I let Bridger in the yard and there were two of them. After Bridger chased them up the tree, I stood at the top of our stairs looking into the tree to watch them run.. I had no idea how many there actually were. They are like termites and for some reason, some of them like to hang out about 18 to 24 inches off the ground making it perfect for Bridger. Thankfully she didn't get either of them.. I don't know what I will do the day she gets one. I think I'll just scream and wait until Brandon gets home to clean it all up. :) I'm so glad I have a husband who will take care of things like that for me!

3 comments:

  1. You are getting dangerously close to loosing your Texas Woman ID Card;0) - The Rookie (2002) where Rachel Griffiths as Lorri Morris says “Jim Morris, I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things running.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your silly fears. You know how to conquer them don't you?

    Go pick up a horny toad. Yes that's right, pick one up. Make yourself. Do the same for a tree lizard if you can get a hold of one. These are silly things to fear because they cannot hurt you. But then again, you WERE a cheerleader...

    Now if you had brown bears up the tree, that would be different. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's be honest, she'll eventually get one, and she'll eat it (if she hasn't already).
    And then she'll come give you a big fat lick in the face, and you'll be none the wiser.

    ReplyDelete