Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Texas Treasure.. for anyone but me

Mom, you're really going to like this one.

Brandon sees horny toads all the time out at the ranch he works on most days. He even caught a baby one time that he said was less than an inch long. He, unlike myself, enjoys catching all of the little animals that he finds, except of course when it's a rattlesnake, in which case he kills it.

So one day last week he caught a really big horny toad and took a picture of it. I knew there was another benefit to getting him an iPhone!

I named him Henry.. but Brandon told me that I always name random animals Henry. I don't know, it just seems to fit, and when one Henry leaves my life another is soon to follow.

He's massive! I totally wouldn't have even touched him.

So on to another story.. we went over to Brandon's parents' house some time last week and Brent told Brandon to go look at all the clothes. Well, some of their friends had brought over a huge pile of clothes and boots from a relative that had recently passed away. They were trying to get rid of things and wanted to see if anyone they knew wanted any of it.

Brandon found a pair of boots that fit and a couple pairs of jeans that will be great to wear out to the ranch because they already have holes and stuff in them. All of the pants were slim fit, which is not Brandon's cut of choice, but they definitely work for keeping him from wearing his 'church jeans' to work.

After he found some things he would keep, I begged and begged him to try on this one pair of jeans... there was about 4 of the same pair, so any would do. They are the darkest colored Wrangler slim fits, with a splash of polyester for stretch and comfort--except the were starched thoroughly and were as stiff as a piece of wood. He finally gave in and tried them on. When he got them on, I kept adding thing to his outfit just for some entertainment. I hope you enjoy!
You are not mistaken, those are eel skin boots, straight out of the 70s
and here's the whole outfit.. Brandon is making Kirk keep the vest for hunting, other than that, the outfit was just for my enjoyment.

Tomorrow is Brandon's birthday, he's going to be 24! I will try to take pictures with my actual camera and not my phone, but we'll see!

2 comments:

  1. That horny toad is gross. What do they feel like when you pick them up? Frogs? Are they hard to catch?
    Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have never actually touched one, but I have looked at them up close. The look to be a little more tough than the skin of a toad, but they have little 'spikes' on their back, sides, and head, hence the horn of horny toad.

    They are pretty quick too, they scurry about when startled much like any other lizard, so I can't imagine it would be easy to catch unless you like that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete