Thursday, July 2, 2009

Why Brandon wants to be a Professional Fisherman

Yesterday I had dinner with some of my YoungLife girls so Brandon saw an opportunity to go fishing without any complaining from me! He and one of his good friends, Zane went fishing on the lake in his parents' neighborhood.

I got a call about 8:30 from Brandon asking me very nicely if I would get my camera and come take some pictures of these "monsters" they caught. Me being the blogger that I am, I always have my camera with me because you never know when a good story will come up and those stories are always better when they are accompanied by a picture or two. So, I drove on over to the lake and waited on the rocks for them. It sure must have looked odd when I was walking across a field in my long summer dress to the edge of the water where they were meeting me because as I walked closer to the edge, I noticed two guys, close to my age, fishing. So there I was, standing seemingly aimlessly in a dress, staring in the direction of the lake, trying not to make eye contact with the guys fishing about 20 yards away. And did I mention they were on a rock almost facing me? Yes, awkward.

I see Brandon and Zane doing some sort of victory lap around the lake before they came in to see me (now the guys fishing knew why I was there). They came up slowly as I climbed down the large limestone retaining wall to get on the level of the water (yes, in my dress).

The boys pulled out the fish and they were so proud. Zane caught a couple of big bass, but Brandon caught a HUGE one! Brandon dreams all the time about being a professional fisherman and getting to fish all the time and get paid for it. I just say, "that's nice, sweetie!" and go on with life, but Brandon was proud of this fish. I had to talk him out of getting it mounted.. what was I supposed to do with a massive bass on a plaque? put it on the wall? I doubt it! haha..

So with no further ado.. here are the fish (Zane's fish are in our freezer right now, I know you're jealous)
He had to show off how big the fish actually was..
So that was our evening. We're off to the lake this weekend so hopefully I'll get some pretty good stories .

Happy 4th of July! (we've been engaged for a year!)

1 comment:

  1. those fish are HUGE!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend at the lake!

    ReplyDelete