Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Things I love About the Rain

It's raining!! Rainy days are my favorite, except when it's been raining for 3 weeks straight, it's 20 degrees out, or I just washed my car--none of which relate to today's rain! Last night when we went to bed there was lightning in the distance, but I didn't really think there was much to be said for it. When I woke up this morning, it was drizzly. You know, the kind of drizzle where you just want to stay in bed and watch movies all day? That kind. It has been switching back and forth between drizzle and rain all day now and I LOVE it! ..I just wish I had a window in my office so I could watch it, but then again, that would probably put me to sleep!

On my way home from lunch, I started to think about what I love about rainy days, besides taking a nap, of course.

Here's something I love about rainy days..

a drop in temperature

getting to use my ridiculously expensive umbrella that I bought to match my rain boots

leaving the door open to listen to rain and feel the cool air

And now for some things Bridger doesn't like about the rain:

Having to sit on the front porch until I can get a towel because she was on top of the dog house again (I'm going to get a picture of this someday)

Having to stay on the towel because she's too muddy. Look how mad she is at me, I just kicked her out of the kitchen!

Have a wonderful rainy day! (well, if it's raining for you, of course!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your rain! It's hot and sunny here. And I love your umbrella. Please tell me that's not real Burberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Well it is.. but there is a reason I spent that money! ..a gift card (plus some more of my money) lol!

    ReplyDelete