Monday, August 24, 2009

So Much LOVE..

I have noticed over the years that a dog, regardless of the breed will form a bond with one person that is stronger than any other bond that dog will have in its lifetime. Most of the time, that bond is formed within the first year of the dog's life, so timing is everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that if you don't get a dog as a puppy it will not love you because that is most definitely not the case, but if you had that dog from the time it was a puppy, how much more do you think it would love you?

Bridger was Brandon's dog, and to be honest with you, is the main reason I walked up to Brandon and talked to him at that College Drive Halloween Party--she was chasing a rat terrier dressed in a dinosaur costume all over the yard, tell me you wouldn't find that funny. When I met Bridger, she was about 5 months old, and I think that has everything to do with the bond she has with me too.

Brandon will always be number 1, especially during the few months of bird hunting every year. They are companions and she would do anything he told her to, but recently I have noticed how much Bridger has bonded to me as well.

Friday I took her to the vet to get all of her shots ready for hunting season, and we spent the day together. After the vet, I took her to Petsmart to get a bath, hence the bow (I love that I can do things like this to her and Brandon doesn't complain).


She was ready to be picked up at 11:00 and I still had an hour of work left, so I went and picked her up and she joined me at the office. I put down an old beach towel for her and she was in heaven.

I thought that was so funny.. the flash was a little bright for her.. excuse my wall covering samples and project files!


I began to realize how much she had bonded to me when she started following me around in the house while I got ready and when she would come lay in the kitchen while I was cooking or doing dishes or she would concoct her body to make sure she could see me while I cleaned and packed.

More than anything though, I realized that bond when I was leaving for work one morning, and every morning since. This is what I saw:

It may be hard for you to see because she's so small and the lighting isn't right, but look in the bottom right corner of the window. You will see the curtains are moved, then continue along the window sill to the middle of the window and you will see a small brown circle with a little white spot on it.. Bridger watches me leave EVERY morning! It's the most precious thing ever!

Sometimes she may be a little odd..

...but that is just what makes her so much fun!

All she wants is someone to talk sweet to her, scratch her favorite spot,


..or snuggle with her!


As much as she loves me, I will be quickly replaced in a matter of days. Hunting season starts next week, and I'm not even going to try to compete..


In other news: excuse the sticker Brandon had to put on the refrigerator, and look what I got! No more random scrap pieces of paper! My grocery shopping days have never been so lucky!

Have a wonderful rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty girl, but you KNOW she is a Daddy's girl (just like you;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha.... I just read this post for the first time. I love that I just put up pics of my dogs looking out the window as we leave too! And I love that you love little Bridger so much. We need another play date for the kids soon! lol

    ReplyDelete