Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Living the Young Life

I often mention something about Young Life, or my girls on here so you are probably familiar with at least the fact that I am a leader. I'm so excited to see what this school year holds for the girls at Abilene High!

This past weekend was our leaders retreat at Lake Brownwood and while I didn't take many pictures, I left my camera out. Here's a sampling of what happens when you leave a camera around some of the wonderful people I get to hang out with on a regular basis...

Last night was Muck Fest! Muck fest is probably one of the grossest things we do in Young Life, or at least I think so.. You start off the fight with water balloons. Next you move to flour bombs, after that is the muck. Let me describe to you what Muck is, oatmeal, dog food, maple syrup, flour, horse feed, sauteed tomatoes, corn, and little bit of water all mixed together in a large trash can to bake in the sun. It. was. gross.

After all the muck is the shaving cream. The only thing I don't like about the shaving cream is when it gets in your eyes it hurts! Overall it was fun. I'm glad I wore a swim cap because I couldn't imagine trying to get it out of my hair! Here's a picture of me and two of my girls.. I look so clean because I had just washed the shaving cream out of my eyes for the second time, if you look closely, you can see my red eyes...

Have a wonderful Tuesday! I know my husband is, he got to go hunting this morning!

1 comment:

  1. Dude in the second to last photo has the right idea - goggles! Although, the swim cap is a great idea, except it must have been so hot.
    And gross.

    ReplyDelete