Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All in a day's work

Yesterday I got to go out to a couple of job sites, which is not uncommon, but the difference with one of them is that it was in the stage where you still had to wear a hardhat because all of the joists and decking wasn't complete. I've only had to wear a hard hat on a job one other time so it was a little fun for me to do it again!

It's crazy to me to think of all the things about design and construction that I have learned over the last year with this company, and I'm excited to learn more! The looks I get while walking in a skirt and heels on a job site never get old either. The reason they don't get old is they are not the looks you would "expect" on a construction site. All of the workers look at me like, "Who is this person? She looks important.. and How can she walk around here with those shoes on?" It's pretty entertaining, and I will say, it take some pretty good skill to maneuver around the pier holes and materials in the loose dirt in my heels!

Today I drove out to another job and got to climb up on the roof, and all this afternoon I have been working on the model of one of the building in that picture that's under construction. We are taking the model with us to the TASBE convention in a month in Houston, and I cannot wait!

3 comments:

  1. Honey, you would attract attention no matter what shoes you were wearing. Now you just need to get some really cool safety glasses to complete the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dudette,
    Where are your hardhat safety stickers? I wouldn't let you on the job site without them because your hardhat looks so new! Get you some small Texas and USA stickers, print a THM123 (The Methodist Hospital #123 worker etc), and some vinyl logos from Brandon's company. Oh yeah, get that thing dirty some!
    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Uncle John has pink ones at his job site for the visiting ladies. Maybe I could have him get you one!!
    Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete