Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap

This year was B and I's first Christmas together as a married couple and I just can't believe this year has flown by so fast! We're quickly approaching our first anniversary! This year we spent Thanksgiving in Houston with my family and Christmas with his. It's hard having our families so far apart, but unless you both grew up together, I think that's a common issue on holidays with couples. It is probably for the best that we didn't make it to Houston because I ended up coming down with a cold and with my dad in his 18th week (Daddy, YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!!) of Chemo, I would HATE to get him sick!

On Christmas Eve it started raining.. hard. Then it turned into snow which is probably a common theme for blog posts about this past Christmas, but it sure was fun! The last time I had a white Christmas was in Houston (surprisingly) my senior year of high school, but this one was MUCH different than the last! This one was more like a blizzard! I have pictures of all of that, but they are on my phone and not as good of quality, so I'm showing you these for now!




Jeff making "bricks" for their igloo



Brandon flattening out the surface




Then the Shaw boys showed up.. and the snowball fight began...

Abby chasing Carson

Oh No! Don't do it Abby!


Oh, Carson...

but wait...

what's this?

Revenge!

and now it's time for some tackle football!

Action shot!

Dog Piles necessary

Worn out kiddos, a must!

Then we started with the gifts, and since Brent works at ACU now, and every single adult in the room (minus Mimi and Papa) graduated from ACU, he decided we needed to put a stop to all of the UT garb and direct these kids on the straight and narrow path...

I tried to teach them the WC hand sign.. Carson and Trey still represented UT though

told you!

And because she is the only child in this bunch to love Texas Tech, I couldn't resist and I had to find her a Jersey to sport around!

Get your guns up!

Last but not least, I wanted you to have a taste of what all the men got from Mimi this year! You may never know what Mimi is going to get you (unless you buy it yourself), but you will always know it will be from Bealls!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I'm so thankful to have a short week this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment