Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some after Christmas Christmas finds

I told you before about how our tiny little house doesn't really have enough room for any Christmas decor, at least any more than say a wreath on the door. But I also told you that I had every intention to hit up the after Christmas sales on all of the decor with the hopes that by Christmas next year we would be able to have a house to call our own and I could decorate.

Well, I haven't yet found a tree that I love enough to purchase (because let's be honest, at 50% off it's still a big investment), but I did make it to a few stores the other night and purchased a good amount of ornaments and other decor items. So, here's my loot!

This is not quite all of the items, I forgot about some and when I was packing them all away I remembered but I wasn't about to unpack and set it all up again.

A sweet little table runner (to add to my table decor I have over at the in-laws), some basic glass balls and then some decorative ones, and of course some precious little ornaments. I love the one that is hanging on the ornament box (I'm not taking them out of the package until the are hung on a tree to protect them) that says "JOY." I have been eying that little guy along with the other you'll see better later that says "PEACE," they've had them at Pier 1 and I have loved them since day 1. Check out those twig trees! They have so much texture to them and such a natural (nature) look to them, I just love them!

And that candle! I just LOVE that candle! It's so different from any other candle I have ever had, it's like I sent B out and asked him to chop off a section of a tree for me to add to my decor! I just love the texture of it mixed with the little twig trees. That sweet little star ornament was only $0.30, thanks to my designer discount at Pier 1, so I splurged and got 2! I think they are so sweet AND they reference back to the natural theme!

Yes, another picture of the trees... so sue me! Check out those white glass balls that look like sweaters! They had bigger ones too, but I didn't want to overwhelm my little tree that I don't yet have! In the bottom right corner you can see the edge of a little box that contains 9 little metal ornaments (kind of old school) of trees, snowflakes, and hearts. Then more plain glass balls in the background.

Here you get a better shot of the "JOY" ornament and the sweater balls... for lack of a better description. After typing that I feel like I need to buy one of those sweater trimmers, you know the ones that get rid of all the little fuzz balls (sweater balls) when your sweaters get old and ball-y... anyone?

Moving on.


More fun little ornaments! There's a little knitted mitten, a plaid heart, and beautiful decorative ball with trees and words on it, a silver bell-looking ball that reminds me of an ornament we had on our tree as a kid...

...a little sled that says "MERRY CHRISTMAS" down it.. there was another one that was gray and said "HAPPY HOLIDAYS" but for some reason it annoyed me that it didn't say "Merry Christmas" so I didn't buy it.

Another little knitted ornament, only this time it's a stocking... and that sweet little snowman...

That sweet, sweet little snowman! He's all covered in frosted, glittery snow, and he's made out of all natural materials! I just love how they exaggerated his corncob nose by making it turn up, and adorned him with a pine needle scarf.

This little Bird House just might be one of my favorite ornaments. The little metal snowflake that looks like it was made from a scrap piece of metal hangs down from the front. In this picture you can see a bit of B's stocking too.

Here's that "PEACE" ornament I was telling you about, along with a carved wood snowman, a hand painted glass ball, and the bottom of B's stocking.

Aren't these just precious? They are all made of natural elements (have you noticed the theme yet?) That reindeer is probably tied with the birdhouse for my favorite... and his wreath necklace is loose, so it moves around!

Here's a better view of our stockings even though mine is pretty much hidden. Plus there are two more decorative trees, only this time they look like someone took their old sweaters and reused them to make something the would actually use!

And even though I took it out of the box and put it straight into its nifty hard storage case, I wanted to take a few pictures of it because I had already talked about it before. This is the Christmas wreath I have wanted since October, maybe earlier! I just could not spend $45 on it..

Well, if you wait until after Christmas, everything goes 50% off, and if it's at Pier 1 (obviously one of my new favorite stores--because of the discount), I get an extra 20% off!! So, I could spare $19 for something I've wanted for months.. Also, if you don't already have these storage boxes and you have wreaths that you don't want to get crushed in the attic, you should get them. They are on sale at Wal-Mart right now and they're great.. They stand upright and your wreath fits right in and hangs. They had a convenient little handle on the top for carrying and they are just the perfect solution to store a wreath..

So that's our Christmas decor, at least what we have so far... I'm so excited that my Grandma is giving me her silver glass nativity set and some sterling silver ornaments to intermingle with all of my new stuff! I'm glad we will have some sentimental decorations as well as the new stuff and they all blend in nicely together.

Sorry if I seem a little over excited about my Christmas decor, it's just very exciting to get the things that will be around our house for next year! Plus, I think it makes a difference when we had absolutely no Christmas items in our house this year..

I do have my eye on some Christmas China that I have wanted this whole time too, so if I can make it to Dillard's for their New Years Day sale, then I just might get them (50% off is still quite a bit of money)!

2 comments:

  1. I did the same exact thing when we were living in a one bedroom apartment our first year! I was DETERMINED we would have a house to live in by the next Christmas, so I went crazy buying stuff at after Christmas sales--looks like you did awesome!! And hopefully you'll have a place for everything next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may just have to divide out the Christmas mice next year;-)

    ReplyDelete