Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Day Sales!

Everyone knows that on New Years Day there are usually some of the BEST sales of the year. Everything that's marked down already has additional markdowns, and there are tons of people out and about looking for the best deals.

Well, I have been looking at some Christmas China for some time now, and I just had to try my chances. I know what you're thinking... "Christmas China? Really? How often are you going to use that?" ...Well the answer is every year! Even if I only get it out to use once a year, I'm so glad that I have it.

I know that when we have kids, the idea of buying China on a whim is not even worth thinking about, and B and I didn't really see any China we liked enough to register for when we got married. But when I saw this line, I could not pass them up!

When I went into Dillard's I saw the display where they had been and it had been completely picked over. I was nearly heartbroken because as I was about to grab a box of 4 dinner plates, this lady pushed me aside and grabbed them for herself. Because I wasn't about to fight her for them, I just went back and found B and decided to settle for some salad plates that might mix well with my Fiesta Ware. When I was waiting to check out, I saw a girl shopping with her mom guarding her findings. In her huge stack I noticed she had what I was looking for. I said to her, "I just love those! I really wanted them, but they're all gone.." She quickly said, "Oh No! There's more over here!" and she let me to a separate area where they had EVERYTHING!

I grabbed all of the plates, because that's all I was originally going to buy, but then I just kept thinking, I will be so annoyed one day that I didn't buy the whole set. So I went pack and got the rest, and I couldn't be happier!

Here's what a place setting looks like. The dinner plates, salad plates, and mugs alternate saying "We wish you a Merry Christmas" and "Deck the Halls" and the serving plate says "We wish you a Merry Christmas."

They are so dainty and fun and they can be mixed with anything! I can hardly wait until next year when I can get them out and use them!

More to come later on our New Years Festivities!!

1 comment:

  1. oh i love your christmas china!! i wish i had some - maybe i'll check out the sales next year :)

    ReplyDelete