Friday, June 12, 2009

Brandon's birthday party and office furniture

Yesterday was Brandon's 24th birthday so we celebrated it in style! I went to HEB when I got of work and bought some steak and potatoes, plus all of the ingredients I would need to make Mom's chocolate sheet cake.

Of course, I had to put 24 candles on the cake, it was the only thing that seemed right. Dad, remember what I did on your 55th birthday? It was pretty sweet!
We ate our dinner inside and then moved outside to the back porch to relax. After a little while, I went to go get everything we would need for the cake and ice cream and made Brandon take pictures.It's hard to see, but I had the cutest shirt on, another one of my graduation money purchases. :)

I look like I'm afraid I'll catch on fire or something.

opening presents.. the one thing he wouldn't stop asking if he could do since last week, I don't care what he says, he still has little kid traits!


This is the gift from me, a new scope for his deer rifle. Every time I tried to take a picture of him with one of his presents, he looked mad. So when I said something, this is what I got.


He really was excited though, he had to check it out.

and then lay it next to the gun to see what it was going to look like.


Now on to the office furniture. You may remember from a previous post that I have been in the process of getting our lobby up to par with the designs we are putting out. I think I told you that we got new carpet in December (they had never replace the carpet from when the building was built in the early 80s) and then we had some painters come in and paint colors that I picked.. Well, all of our furniture finally came in on Wednesday! I was out at a job site when it came in, and one of the ladies in the office called me to tell me it was all here. I grabbed some lunch at schlotsky's (the kids meal, cheese pizza and a chocolate chip cookie is my new favorite food group) and headed back to the office. I ate my pizza so fast so I could start putting together the furniture.

It took me about 2 hours to do two chairs and two tables. Once I was finished, I was placing the little bit of decor that we had, then I was off to the stores to find some more!

Here is what it looks like right now, we are still waiting for our artwork for the walls (obviously) it's going to be 4 custom graphic prints of some details of some of our buildings with a large matte and an even larger frame. Plus, I need to find something for the other wall as well.


Ok, look at that mirror. Can you guess what it used to be?

any guesses?
Well, I'll tell you. The CEO of our company used to own some convenience stores with his ex-wife. When they sold them, they kept all of those security mirror things and ever since, they've been sitting across the hall in our storage area. I took one, cleaned it up, took it apart so that I could retro-fit it to do what I wanted it to, and turned it into a mirror! I wasn't really sure about it at first, but it has really grown on me! I thought it was pretty inventive and cool. It's very contemporary, and the fact that it was a re purposed item, makes it 'green.' Ha!

Those vases are on the reception desk so it helps to complete the look in there. So, that's about it!

1 comment:

  1. Sign me up for one of the mirrors if they go on Craig's List. I could use one in my new office.

    ReplyDelete