Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Surprise

So this morning, I was walking into the kitchen for some breakfast before I left for work when I felt something on my arm.

I looked down and was startled to find this
right in the middle of my living room! Now, I do realize posting this photo will make me look somewhat like I don't clean the house, but I kid you not, this happened over night! I cleaned every inch of that house just the other day! The web attached to the door frame from the kitchen and to the chair at our table. In other words, in a very frequently trafficked area of our house.

So I ran to grab my camera and since it is just a point and shoot, and I didn't want to get too close to the arachnid, this was the best picture I got, the rest were just blurry. I sat staring at the spider as it continued to finish up the construction of its web trying to figure out exactly how I was going to get rid of it (Brandon had already left for work so that was out of the question). I knew I didn't want to touch the web, nor did I want to risk trying to smash the spider in a paper towel only to have it run over the top and on to my hand, so I did what any other person would do, I grabbed some 'Fantastic' (all -purpose cleaning solution) and began to spritz him. He freaked out and ran over to the chair to try and rub it off of him. When I was sure he had been slowed down, I moved in with my wad made up of 3 paper towels, 3. Not 1, not 2, but 3--I had to be certain I wouldn't touch the spider with my actual hand.

After I threw him away, I cleaned up everything else and headed off to work 10 minutes late (it took me that long to get up the courage to grab the spider with a paper towel).

1 comment:

  1. This happens to me all the time, though my spiders just look like miniature daddy long legs. I've come to the kitchen sink - the KITCHEN SINK - in the morning and found a spider taking up residence. I hate them, they are everywhere. Ever time I come home from a trip I have to survey the whole house looking for where they've set up camp.

    Mike's always like, "they're not going to hurt you. they're good for getting rid of the bugs..." Well. I'll kill those too if they come in my house.

    ReplyDelete