Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our First Time to the Movies

A while back I started thinking how Brandon and I had never, ever been on a date to see a movie at the movie theater. In fact, he and I had only been to the movies twice since we were dating, once with his family, and once with mine. To some, that may come as a shock. Not, that either one of us has really ever been huge on movies, but you may be wondering what else there is to do in Abilene. I really don't know, but we always manage to come up with something.

All of this thinking about the movies got started when I got a new wallet and during the transfer of all my belongings, I found a gift card to the movies for one movie ticket. Now, to tell you how old this gift card was, it had the logo of Spiderman 3. I looked it up on IMDB and Spiderman 3 came out May 4, 2007--a whole 6 months before we even met and I'm sure I got the card a month or so before the movie came out. I don't even know if the original amount on the card would cover the cost of a movie ticket anymore, or if the money on the card is even still there since most gift cards seem to self-drain after an extended period of time.

Another reason that got me started on thinking about going to a movie was that our State Farm agent just sent us a Visa gift card with $10 on it. So, I decided, we were going to spend those gift cards to go see a movie.

The movie of choice? The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.


The movie was very funny and pretty cute in the end. Brandon said it was gay, but admits he did laugh quite a bit. It's a chick flick without being overkill.

Since it was our first time to the movies as a date, I took a picture, but was too embarassed to use the flash in the dark theater, so here it is, all dark and fuzzy.
It turns out, the gift card I had wasn't for this theater so we did have to buy one ticket, but I think we'll just have to go again sometime soon to use that gift card!

2 comments:

  1. We don't go to the movies very often either - mostly because it just costs a lot of money here. We've had two of those tickets that you buy for cheaper at Costco for over a year now. The movie "UP" looks cute, maybe we'll go see it. Or maybe we'll save them for Transformers 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or just be like us and wait until the movies you want to see come out on DVD so you get all the extras, like deleted scenes. You both have RedBox near you where you can rent for $1 per night. You can even search for movies online and it tells you which machine has your movie. I'm addicted and Dad can sleep;-)

    ReplyDelete