Monday, June 29, 2009

Such a Good Weekend!

This weekend I traveled with my mother-in-law, Connie, to Houston for a wedding shower for one of Brandon's cousins. As much as I dread the 6 hour drive for just one weekend, it was worth it.

I got to spend the majority of the weekend with my folks and we had fun. Saturday morning we did the usual and made our trip to Victors and after that, my mom and I went to get our nails done! This is basically a tradition between the two of us!


Afterwards we went to a few stores, but I was proud of myself for not buying anything!

Living in West Texas, I sometimes forget how intense the humidity of Houston actually is. I mean, I know it's bad, but I forget how bad. It was SO humid and SO hot! It was so hot that when my mom and I returned from our little adventure (don't worry, Cinnabon was part of it), we found this little guy..

You may not be able to see it very well, but he is soaking wet. My dad had been watering the front yard and he was playing in the water. He watched us for a little bit shaking every once in a while and just looking around under his shower. Then he ran over to the tree to watch us some more. You might be able to see that his tail is not very fluffy because it's so wet.


After all of that fun, I went inside to get changed for Breanna's wedding shower. The shower was so nice, such a nice home to have it in and she got all kinds of gifts. Here are all the women in the family who could be there.
Even though my weekends are normally used for catching up on my sleep, it was refreshing to visit family and have fun!

I thought I would be completely wiped out by the time we got home, but it seemed that I was full of energy! Brandon's boss, Dean, called him in the evening and asked him if we wanted to come to his son, Wes' baseball game. It got delayed because of the game before it so it wasn't supposed to start until 9:00--and for 9-10 year olds, that's pretty late! So we went and it was a BLAST! He is on the 'allstars' team for one of the little leagues here in town and it was such a good game. The way it works here is at the end of every season each league in the area, including surrounding towns, picks a group of kids in each age group to play on the allstar team for that age group, then all of the allstar teams play each other to find the best league in the area.

The games at this level are not allowed to start a new inning after 11:00, so Wes' team was sweating bullets being the home team at the bottom of the inning around 10:55 and down by 3 runs, and knowing that if they lost they would not advance. They pulled it off though! The final score was 15-14! Well worth staying up past my bedtime to watch!

They play again tomorrow and Wednesday so maybe we'll go watch and I'll take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment