Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Boomhauer

I have lived in Abilene for 4 years now, and before then I was every bit a "city girl," wait, who am I kidding, I still am.. so anyways, there is this show that you've probably heard of before, King of the Hill. It's pretty dumb, but when there is nothing else on tv (i.e. Family Guy) Brandon enjoys watching it.

On that show, there is a guy named Boomhauer (or Boomhower, I don't know) but he is one of the main character's best friends. I googled Boomhoauer and he came up on Urban Dictionary which led me to believe that whoeve wrote this either has a sick obsession with King of the Hill, or needs to get some friends.. maybe both. This is the definition I got:

Hank Hill's back-woods talking neighbor and one of his best friends, from the show, King of the Hill. From what I have pieced together. His full name is Jeff Boomhower, he is an electrical engineer, has a deceased father but mother is still alive. He has a brother name Patch. He has never been married but came close with at lest one girl. He is a ladies man and has a '76 Dodge. He was a quarter-back on his high school's varsity football team and, according to the odometer on Hank Hill's F-150, lives exactly 1/10th of a mile from Hank's house.

Basically, Boomhauer is that guy that no one can understand through his accent and mumbling, and honestly, I have always thought he was just mumbling giberish to be funny.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:



I was wrong.. he is speaking full sentences (well, Texas style sentences), no joke. You can imagine the shock on my face when I came to this revelation. We were watching it on tv last week and I wasn't really paying attention when Boomhauer came on and started talking. I understood every. last. word.

Is this a result of me living in Abilene? maybe. Is it a result of my capability to understand and translate the mumbling Brandon does when he's bored or tired (even to people like his mother)? Absolutely.

There you have it, the official transition from "city girl" to "country wife" has begun. This is going to be a very interesting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment