Monday, October 19, 2009

CALIFORNIA!

This past weekend, Brandon and I traveled all the way to Los Angeles, California to visit my sister Christy and her husband Mike. It was so much fun, we just wish we could have stayed longer! Being "new" at my job, I don't earn any vacation days for a while, so I couldn't take any days off--the weekend was all we were left with! I was so excited to see Christy and Mike's house that is new to me.. not so new to them!

Brandon never, in a million years, thought he would ever go to California. That all changed when I saw a break in the Abilene High football calendar, and the trip was planned! He even told me how his friends were laughing when he said he was going to LA... for the weekend... We had so much fun and were so glad to spend time with family! Thanks Mike and Christy for letting us come! Now for the pictures!

Saturday morning we woke up and headed for Bill's Pancakes on Manhattan Beach, a staple in Mike and Christy's weekends at home. Afterwards we walked down to the beach to see everything (there are no pictures, because we decided to go "grungy" and not shower).

After breakfast, we cleaned up and got ready for the day. The first thing we did was head for the hills! I wanted a good picture of Brandon and I with the Hollywood sign, and Christy knew just the spot. Last time we (Christy and I) took pictures with the sign, we did it from the Kodak Theater so it was pretty far away, but this time was VERY different. We were so close, it was awesome!

Look what I found exploring in the woods! Are you surprised? I decided to take him home with me.

Such a Beautiful view the other direction

Later we headed into Beverly Hills for lunch at the Urth Cafe, and then a walk down (up?) Rodeo Drive. I have already seen this area so we didn't spend too much time here, but I wanted Brandon to see it (like he cared...), so we went. We had a good time in the Louis Vuitton store listening to a woman talk about he recent botox-type injections in her lips. This is the same lady who, just after walking in said to the sales person, "let's spend some money!"


In front of the famous steps! and yes, my purse does weigh about 30 pounds..

This is his "yes, I'm really here, and I'm really still breathing" look

After our trek around Beverly Hills, we headed back to the house for a little napping, because we're all getting old... then we went back to Manhattan Beach. There we walked around the beach and put our feet in the Pacific (something Brandon had never done). We watched people surf while the sun set before heading to an Italian restaurant for dinner.

I love this picture!

...and I'm most definitely framing this one!

When we went out in the ocean to get our feet wet for a picture (Christy has those on her camera.. maybe I'll post them later.. or she will), my rolled up jeans proved to not be rolled up near enough when the wave hit.. leaving me with soaked pants.

Then we walked down to the pier for some more pictures, fighting our way through the sea of photographers

another beautiful sunset picture

waves splashing on the the pier columns

sisters..
..making faces at Mike..
..and having fun!

Sunday we woke up to Stan's Donuts, headed to church, and then to El Abejeno for lunch. California Avacados make all the difference in the world! Around 3 we said our goodbyes and headed for our plane.

A quick stop in Albuquerque, NM



We made it home around 1:00am to an extremely happy dog, and the warmth of our bed. We had so much fun and can't wait for another time to travel, see family, and have fun!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time - and I want copies of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! I love all of your sunset pictures..it almost makes me wish it were still summertime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do we both have pictures on our cameras of your feet in really awkward positions, like positions they shouldn't be able to be in unless you are a Russian dancer?
    Way to be on it with the blog post already. We had dinner over at the neighbor's house last night, so all I managed to do was get the photos uploaded to a gallery so that you can download whatever (or all) photos that I took with my camera. I'll send you that link in a second.
    I'll write a post too and have it up tomorrow.
    Great to have you both here!

    PS - how did getting up for the Monday morning meeting go?

    ReplyDelete