Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Remember what I said about PINK?

Like I said before, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month so there are a lot of activities that go on during the month to show support of a cure. You can imagine my surprise when I showed up to the volleyball game yesterday and everything was pink!

Both of the teams had special pink jerseys on, they were using pink towels on the bench, the decorations were pink, the cheerleaders' bows were pink, and even the warm up balls were pink!

It was really cool to see all the pink everywhere and it surprised me that BOTH teams would spend that kind of money just to support a cause! They had originally purchased the pink jerseys with the intent of wearing them in every game in October, but some changes in the UIL rules limited them to only one game, and last night was it.


Most of the people in the stands even had on pink!

To top it all off, it was a great game. Burleson is a good team, but it only took 4 games for Abilene High to beat them. The stands were full of football players trying to be as obnoxious to the other team as they could and it somewhat reminded me of when I was in high school. It was fun to see the bleachers packed without a break in the cheering the entire game.

That's Max in the middle, don't mind him.

After the game we stood around like always to talk to the team and, of course, take some pictures.


These are some of my babies, Ellen (#1) and Tori (#23). I was so proud of them so we took a picture.

2 comments:

  1. How cool is this! I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly! Found your blog somehow, somewhere. Anyway, love the photos!! Especially the one of Max (don't mind him)! He loves you! So do we.

    ReplyDelete