Thursday, October 15, 2009

In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, and if you've never been affected by breast cancer, most likely you haven't really notice the many different companies, sports teams, and events held in support of finding a cure. My dad was diagnosed with breast cancer back at the end of last spring, and ever since, he's become a familiar face down at MD Anderson in Houston. The prognosis is good and he is working one day at a time through chemo. If you want to read further on his story, he is keeping up with a Caring Bridge site you can find here.

Back when I was in Houston on business, I met my dad and brother for dinner. I have been wanting a pink hard hat for quite some time, because #1: I didn't like wearing extra ones from the job sites, gross.. and #2 I thought it would be cute! Even though I wanted one, I wasn't willing to buy one for myself, thankfully I have a wonderful dad who loves me and thought it would be equally funny. Plus, it would give him an opportunity to put some stickers on it after all of the hard times he gave me for having such a 'clean hardhat' and 'looking like a rookie.' I also found it to be perfect that the person who gave me the pink hardhat is battling the cancer we're creating awareness for!

So after dinner we got in the truck and he reached behind the seat to pull out my brand new PINK hard hat!

I took it and had our company logo put on the front, so I'm official! My dad put some stickers on there for me too.

Can't forget the Texas flag!


Have you ever wondered what my office looks like when I'm in the middle of a bunch of projects? Well there you go, be glad you can't see the boxes on the floor full of samples! I had to include the heels, it finished off the package! Sorry this isn't out in the field.. I wanted to get it posted, I was too busy the last time I was out!

So in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, I'm proud to wear my pink hardhat on every job site! Thanks Daddy, I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Love it AND you! Have fun in LA - do you beleive I'm letting yall have all that fun with out me;-(

    ReplyDelete