Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Coming Right Along

I posted before about the project I am working on a West Texas Rehab. This is the first (real) project I have done on my own, meaning if something doesn't pass inspection or doesn't work, it's all on me. Stressful? YES!

So for the past month or so, I have lost a little sleep thinking, "does that clearance meet ADA?" "did I remember to do this?" "what if something doesn't work out?" when I know that everything works--at least on paper. That's the scary thing, what if I measured wrong? See where I'm going? It would all be my fault! The day we got the building permit was HUGE in my book. It took a lot of work to get there and it was like that stress was just lifted. The closer we get to finishing, the heavier the symbolic bag on my shoulders seems to get. I will be able to breathe easy when all construction is finished and the ADA inspector approves it all.

Well, I couldn't have asked for a better client than West Texas Rehab. I have worked with them for over a year now on different projects and I've made some friendships I can fall back on if something doesn't work out. But enough of the nerves talking, everything seems to be going smoothly so far and they are really making some progress!

This was one of the restrooms a few weeks ago, now look at it!

Just waiting on the stall walls to put in the plumbing and ceiling panels!

This is what the main board room used to look like...

and now!

another before...

and another after looking the other direction!

They were putting up the crown molding yesterday and from there, all they need is the wall covering, chair rails, base boards, doors, ceiling panels, carpet and tile.. We are thinking it's only about two and a half weeks now until completion!

I get so excited every time I walk into the room and see the progress. It is my first little baby, and I'm proud of it! I can't wait until the Staff "Thanksgiving Dinner" when I get to see everyone's faces at the changes. It has been a well kept secret about what is going on in the Board room and everyone REALLY wants to know. I can't wait until it makes its debut!

1 comment:

  1. You are so stinkin talented! I'm so excited for you to show it off to everyone at work!

    ReplyDelete